Tapestry is about capturing the magic of a child's early years experiences and recording children's learning in a way that is easy and fun. We use this online platform to share your child's learning with you at home and for our families to share their child's home activities with the school.
How to log in:
- Open the web page or click on the Tapestry App.
- Enter your pin number
If you are unsure of the pin number, please see contact your child’s teacher through the school office. Equally, if you have to input the email address, please do the same.
How to make an observation:
- Click on the + in the top right corner.
- Use the icons along the bottom to assist you.
- Take a photograph or video straight away.
- Click on ‘children’ tab and tag the children that you are observing.
- Click on ‘notes’ write a title for the observation and write the observation. Be specific and write the WOW moments that you have observed – this must be skills based.
- Click on ‘assessment’ tab. Tag the objectives which match the observation. These are done in months 0-11, 8-20, 16-26, 22 – 36, 30-50, 40-60.
- Once this has completed, save the observation and the class teachers will go through your observations and publish for you.
Here are some of the key thing you can do with it:
- Add single child and group observations.
- Attach photos and videos from your device’s gallery.
- Take photos and videos through the app. If you like, you can set it so these are saved to Tapestry but not to your gallery.
- Add and see clickable links within observations.
- View documents that have been attached to observations.
- Comment on and ‘Like’ observations.
- Receive push notifications.
- View and add observations whilst offline.
We will have a list of children that must NOT be pictured or tagged in anybody else’s pictures.
Any other questions, please ask!